Friday, September 12, 2008

Word for the Week

Good morning, everyone.  I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated everyone's participation in our discussion Saturday night.  I recognize the challenge presented in trying to cover topics like the Trinity and Creation in the short time we have in class.  It is very difficult to fully cover all of the issues and questions that a discussion on these topics can raise.  I would like to follow-up on one issue we discussed.  While I believe that the Bible is not a science textbook and that a discussion of the creation events is best fitted for the realm of faith and not science, I also believe that the Bible is not anti-science.  True, the Bible does not use scientific language as we know and understand it today and it explains events that science cannot repeat or test, but just because it is non-scientific, does not mean it is anti-science.  That is an important distinction we should all understand.  If anyone has any lingering questions or discussion points on either issue (Trinity or Creation), please feel free to call me (972-439-8219) or email me (jtolbert@winstead.com).  I still have a lot to learn on both topics and am happy to take that journey with you.
 
This week, Jill Sledge will lead us in a discussion on believing in and relying on the Bible as God's Word.  I know God will bless Jill's preparation this week and she will present God's revelation to us as His Spirit inspires her heart.  Please take time to pray for Jill and to prepare your own hearts by working through the Word for the Week.  
 
We are truly blessed to be a part of this fellowship.  May God use you for His glory this week.
 
John  

No comments: